WestSide Banner

Gas Projects Overview

WestSide operates the Meridian SeamGas CSG fields west of Gladstone in Queensland’s Bowen Basin. WestSide holds a 51% interest in the fields with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd holding the remaining 49%.

The project area including mining lease gas rights and PL 94 totals approximately 206 kmand contains (net to WestSide) 777 PJ of certified 3P reserves including 47.2 PJ of 1P reserves and 347 PJ of 2P reserves. 

Elsewhere in the Bowen Basin, WestSide is currently operating an exploration and appraisal program at the ATP 769P (Paranui) and ATP 688P (Tilbrook and Mount Saint Martin) sites. WestSide holds a 25.5% joint venture operating interest in each tenement area with Mitsui E& P Australia (24.5%) and  QGC - a BG Group company -  holding the other 50% operating interest in each case.

WestSide’s operations to date have addressed only a small proportion of the 12,000 km2 covered by these tenements. 

Initial reserves have been certified at Paranui and Tilbrook and a production pilot at Mount Saint Martin is planned.